Treatments available For Dry Eyes
Dry eye is a very treatable condition. Some situations can be addressed with nutritional supplements and drops. Other situations require non-surgical procedures to treat the underlying cause. Upon proper diagnosis, your optometrist will discuss the treatment options that will provide the best outcome for your dry eye symptoms.
Retail and prescription solutions, include:
- Artificial tears
- Eye masks
- Topical prescription eye drops
- Specialty contact lens options
- Nutritional supplements (Omega 3)
Elective in-office procedures include:
- Punctal plugs or cautery (procedure to plug the eyelid punctum)
- BlephEx®—A simple and painless eyelid cleaning procedure to remove debris and bacteria that can lead to inflammation and blepharitis (a condition that can produce dry eye symptoms).
- LipiFlow®—The only FDA-approved treatment procedure that opens and clears oil glands, allowing them to regain production of the oils needed for healthy tears. One 12-minute treatment can offer relief for up to three years.
At Forsight Vision we are pleased to offer BlephEx for treatment of blepharitis.
If you are suffering from the symptoms of Dry eye this low tech solution may be just what the doctor ordered.
Dry Eye Syndrome can be caused by many factors. These include age, genetics, environment, lifestyle, medications, and the overall medical health of your eyes.
Lipiflow is a revolutionary treatment that cleans out the clogged oil glands by gently heating and extracting the clogged oil that is the cause of the inflammation. Lipiflow is considered the "Gold Standard" of Dry Eye treatment.
Chronic dry eye syndrome is the condition that causes the patient discomfort, impaired vision and a limit to go about daily life. Learn about treatment in Vernon Hills.
Forsight Vision Care in Arlington Heights is an excellent place to seek dry eye care services. If you suffer from dry, watery, gritty eyes, our optometry knows exactly how to help you resolve your symptoms and help regain your comfort.