Specialized and Routine Eye Care For All Ages
- Scheduling Diabetic eye exams is crucial to reducing the risk of vision complications associated with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Learn more about diabetic eye exams in Long Grove.
- As a child quickly develops and the myopia rapidly progresses, the child is at a higher risk of developing dangerous eye diseases later in life, such as retinal detachment, macular degeneration, glaucoma and cataracts. Learn how myopia management can help.
- Learn more about what problems can be spotted with an eye exam, what’s involved in a comprehensive exam, and special considerations for kids and contacts.
- If you are experiencing pink eye, something stuck in your eye, a scratched eye, a chemical spill, or any other eye emergency contact us, our eye doctors provide the highest quality urgent care for eye emergencies.
- We are pleased to announce that our practice has been selected to participate in an exclusive program to offer our patients a new prescription eyedrop for droopy eyelid (also known as acquired blepharoptosis) called UPNEEQ.
- Ortho-K lenses are a safer alternative to LASIK surgery. These lenses correct vision overnight, offering clear daytime vision without any need to wear glasses or contacts.
- Astigmatism is a very common eye condition that's easily corrected with eyeglasses or contact lenses and on some occasions, surgery.
- As we reach middle age, particularly after age 40, it is common to start to experience difficulty with reading and performing other tasks that require near vision. This is because with age, the lens of our eye becomes increasingly inflexible, making it harder to focus on close objects. This condition is called presbyopia and eventually it happens to some extent, to everyone as they age.
- Even without knowing the term "dry eye" or "Dry Eye Syndrome", if you suffer from it, then you are all too familiar with the soreness, discomfort, and even the constant misery that can come with dry eyes.
- We diagnose and manage ocular diseases such as Glaucoma, Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Retinopathy and Cataracts.
- If you're ready for an alternative to glasses and/or contacts look to us for co-management of LASIK, cataract, and other ocular surgery.
- Did you know your optometrist can help you with red eyes, pink eye, or sore eyes, foreign body removal and eye emergencies?
- We use the most up-to-date technology to ensure the best eye care possible. Learn about the different types of tests and equipment you may experience on a visit to our Practice.
- According to experts, 80% of learning is visual, which means that if your child is having difficulty seeing clearly, his or her learning can be affected. This also goes for infants who develop and learn about the world around them through their sense of sight. To ensure that your children have the visual resources they need to grow and develop normally, their eyes and vision should be checked by an eye doctor at certain stages of their development.
- Vision Therapy is a customized program of exercises to improve the functioning of the visual system, this program improves the eye-brain communication to enhance vision skills such as eye-tracking, focusing and eye teaming abilities, among others. This is effective for those with lazy eye (amblyopia), eye turns (strabismus), any reading or learning problems, eye strain, convergence insufficiency —and a wide range of other visual problems.
- Vision plays a crucial role throughout childhood and beyond. Many parents don't understand how vision helps their children develop appropriately.
- This service offers early detection of potential eye and vision problems at no cost regardless of income or ability to pay. It is a one-time, comprehensive eye and vision assessment for babies, usually conducted between the ages of 6 and 12 months.
- Sports eyewear can give you the performance edge you're seeking for just about any sport (tennis, racquetball, etc.) or recreational activity (hunting, fishing, etc.).
- Low vision is the term used to describe reduced eyesight that cannot be fully corrected with eyeglasses, contact lenses or eye surgery.
- Try Latisse™ for longer, thicker lashes.
The Forsight Vision optometry of Buffalo Grove, IL targets patients of all ages from pediatrics to geriatrics. The offer at the optometry consists of personalized optical and medical eye care services.
- Orthokeratology, or "ortho-k," is the process of reshaping the eye with specially-designed rigid gas permeable contact lenses. The goal of ortho-k is to flatten the front surface of the eye and thereby correct mild to moderate amounts of nearsightedness and astigmatism.
Tips From Your Eye Doctor for Remote E-learning
With the new “normal” of remote learning for the majority of our school age children, I wanted to share some very important tips to minimize the eyestrain that may occur with increased prolonged technology use.
Millions of Americans suffer from dry eye, a condition that causes discomfort and may even lead to complications. There are many causes of dry eye such as screen time, weather, age, medications, and medical conditions. At our dry eye center, we utilize the most advanced technology to diagnose the cause of your dry eye by looking at the composition of your tears, the health of your glands, and much more. Once we understand the root cause of your discomfort, our eye doctors will recommend a treatment option that will not only address the symptoms but also the underlying cause. As a leading dry eye center, we use sophisticated technology such as Lipiflow, Blephex, and Amniotic membranes, in addition to special contact lenses such as custom scleral lenses.
Myopia (nearsightedness) is a condition that develops at a very young age and continues to worsen over time. If detected early, the adequate procedure can be carried out to slow down the progression of myopia. This is extremely important as children with medium or high myopia are at 2200% greater risk of retinal detachment, and severely increased the risk of other vision-threatening eye diseases
We offer various advanced procedures such as Ortho-K, multifocal contacts to help reduce the progression of myopia in children.
At Forsight vision we fit custom scleral lenses for Keratoconus, post LASIK eye surgery complications, and corneal irregularities. The Scleral Lens provides superior comfort because of its unique design where it rests on the sclera (white of the eye) while creating a tear-reservoir by vaulting over the cornea. The lenses provide exceptional comfort and vision for even the hardest to fit patients.
Whether your child is experiencing conditions such as amblyopia (lazy eye), strabismus, excess or insufficient convergence, focusing/accommodation problems, or eye-tracking difficulties, our custom-tailed vision therapy procedures are will help your child achieve their full potential.