At Forsight Vision and Midwest Dry Eye Center, it is our highest priority to provide the best quality eye care and to ensure the health and safety of our patients, staff and our entire community. We are happy to announce that we will be reopening the office for routine eyecare starting Saturday, May 2, 2020.
We are making great efforts to keep you and your family safe and have made the following changes to address the challenges regarding COVID-19 following the CDC and AOA (American Optometric Association) guidelines.
- We have dramatically reduced appointments to limit the number of people in the office at any given time.
- We will be disinfecting patient contact areas before and after each patient with hospital grade disinfection.
- We have installed front desk "shields" for extra protection.
- All doctors and staff will be wearing masks and face shields.
- In accordance to local and state guidelines, all patients (adults and children over age 2) must wear masks.
- We are now using a Telehealth Service for patients who have an ocular emergency after business hours or if you can concerns about coming into the office. If you require medical attention, please text 847-275-9845 and we will send you a consultation appointment link.
- No clipboards or pens will be used. Please fill out any paperwork prior to your visit (available by clicking here).
- When you arrive for your appointment, please call or text at (847) 955-9393. We will have you wait in your car rather than the waiting room.
- When you enter the practice, we will ask you to thoroughly wash your hands and disinfect your cell phone. You will be then be immediately taken to an empty and cleaned exam room.
- To minimize contact between patients, we ask that you are the only one who comes to the appointment. If you absolutely must bring another individual – you will need to be together (during testing and the exam) throughout the entirety of your visit.
- We will continue to offer curbside pickup or direct shipping for all products ordered from our practice.
- All eyewear in our optical department is cleaned with medical grade sterilization after any human contact and optical tables will be disinfected in between patient encounters.
- All of our doctors and staff are participating in ongoing education regarding preventative measures provided by the CDC.
In order to prevent any further spread of the COVID-19 (Corona Virus) we ask that you please reschedule your appointment if any of the following applies to you:
- Traveled outside the country in the past few weeks
- Persistent cough
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
Seek medical advice if you develop symptoms, or have been in contact with a person known to have COVID-19 or if you live in or have recently been in an area with ongoing spread of COVID-19.
As a local, family-owned business, we SINCERELY appreciate each and every one of you for trusting us with your eye care. Please keep yourself and your loved ones safe during these difficult times.
We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.
Dr. Cohan, Dr. Cozzone, and the entire staff at Forsight Vision and Midwest Dry Eye Center.