As of Tuesday evening, March 17, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the American Optometric Association have recommended all routine eye care be deferred until further notice in order to slow the transmission of COVID-19 throughout our community.
We will remain available to triage eye emergencies as well as to help you with routine matters during this challenging time.
During this period of social distancing and quarantine, we must all do our part by restricting activities outside the home except for getting medical care.
- Routine Eye Exams: If you are scheduled for a routine eye examination appointment for April, we will reschedule your appointment. As of March 31, 2020, we will begin rescheduling routine eye examination appointments for May 1, 2020 and later.
- I need to replace my glasses. What do I do? Please contact us by phone at 847-955-9393, or email us email@example.com. We may be able extend your prescription during this time and we will help you with your eyewear needs.
- I’m nearly out of contact lenses. What do I do? Please contact us by phone at 847-955-9393, or email us firstname.lastname@example.org. We may be able extend your prescription during this time, and/or place an order for your contact lenses and have them shipped directly to your house.
- I need a refill on the medication prescribed to me by the practice. What do I do? Please contact us by phone at 847-955-9393, or email us email@example.com, if you still need our assistance. We can transmit a refill for your prescription directly to your pharmacy so that you have the medication that you need.
- I have an issue. It cannot wait until you can see me in the office. What can I do? If you have an issue that cannot wait for an office visit, contact us by phone at 847-955-9393, or email us firstname.lastname@example.org . and we will schedule a FaceTime, Skype or Telephone appointment with one of our doctors. Medicare has temporarily relaxed its telehealth rules to allow for this type of care during the pandemic. Other insurers may follow suit and allow for reimbursement of virtual care costs. The consultation must be initiated at your request.
- What about an eye emergency? What can I do? If you have an ocular emergency, we are, as always, available to help you at any time. Call 847-955-9393 and the on-call doctor's cell phone will be on the message.
Drs. Cohan and Cozzone will do their best to accommodate you in the best way possible. Our staff are coming into the office on a daily basis to check messages/call patients about eyewear/ and order contacts for patients. Please leave a voicemail and they will get back to you on the next business day. Together we will weather this storm. We are hoping that everyone and their families stay well.